.

.
.

Best Hamburger in Lyon: Guy & Sons

They have not only the best hamburger in Lyon, but they're the best hamburgers I've had in a long time.  A friend of mine and I decided on the spur of the moment to get a burger.  I had seen this new place not far from where we were, so we tried it.  They make everything from scratch, including their own buns. The hamburger meat is a local French beef with 5% fat, and very juicy.  They favor seasonal condiments.  The fries are to die for, made from fresh potatoes.  Their website explains that they are done in the Pont Neuf style, thicker than shoestring fries, double dipped in the fryer, and seasoned with fine table salt and fleur de sel.  Pont Neuf alludes to the first fries sold in France on the bridges (ponts) of Paris in the eighteenth century.

A few days later my friend confessed that she had been so haunted by the burger that she'd had two since then.  So I had to confess that I ordered them again for delivery that very same day!

Guy is not pronounced like the English word, rather it's pronounced like "ghee".  If you don't speak French you should know that you are supposed to pick out your drink from the cooler and order at the counter.

The Vintage Burger
Multi-grain Bun
180g Burger Steak
"Melting" Cheddar
Young Lettuce sSprouts
Tomato Slices
Red Onion
Homemade Charroux Mustard Cream Sauce (what we call a Dijon Sauce)



The Bacon Burger
Multi-grain Bun
180g Burger Steak
Bacon
"Melting" Cheddar
Young Lettuce Sprouts
Tomato Slices
Chopped Red Onion
Ketchup and Mustard "Fins Gourmets"

(I got mine without the veggies on it, because that's the way I like it.)



Handy Instructions for the French:

We Eat with Our Fingers and We share Tables



Post by Dori, 19 Dec 2013

5 comments:

Steph said...

OMG Dori thank you for sharing this! I went with a group of friends (who are all familiar with my home made burgers which are out of this world) and they all loved it. You can taste the top quality ingredients in every bite! The burgers are a bit pricy, but well worth it.

Dori said...

I'm so glad you liked it!

Anonymous said...

Didn't liked it. Beef quality was average and way too much ketchup.

Dori said...

Hmmm.... If you can make a burger better than that I'd like to meet you :)

Michelle said...

Hi Dori,
Thanks for posting this - they look so good that I will probably check it out this week. Zinc Zinc also has a fantastic burger and fries - it will set you back about €15 but it's worth it.