.

.
.

Popsicles



It's was still 90 at 9 pm tonight and it's supposed to be hotter tomorrow. That's got me thinking of popsicles. Last summer at this time, just before the sales start, I found some popsicle molds at the BHV at the Part Dieu. I don't have any children, and my husband says that ice makes his teeth hurt, so I had no excuse to buy them... I still want some!

If you are looking to get some popsicle molds I've seen them advertised at Ikea, and Tupperware. There are Tupperware consultants in Lyon :) I haven't been back to BHV, so I can't say if they have them again this year. I've also heard they may have them at Babou (there's one right next to the new KFC on Route de Vienne).

How do you say popsicle mold in French?
Here are the different versions I found.

Moule bâton glacé - Ikea (also used for ice cream bars)
Moule glaces à l'eau (en bâtonnet)
Moules à esquimaux glacés
Sucettes à glacer Tiwi – Tupperware

Post by Dori
Image of Ikea Popsicle Molds

PS. If you can't find the molds, or don't have the time, my mom used to use a regular ice cube tray, cover it with tin foil and stick tooth picks in them. We thought they we're great!

No comments: